Alex The Cobbler Shop
Welcome to Alex The Cobbler at Meadowbank Mall. We look forward to serving you from our fully equipped workshop where all your shoe repairs, bag repairs, key cutting, engraving battery replacements, garage and gate remotes and knife sharpening can be done within a few minutes. (Some Jobs may take a few days).
We are a small family business run by Rushad and Karl being experienced cobblers and engravers. Karl has been in the industry since 1981 having learnt from his father and grandfather (in Manchester, England). Rushad was trained by the previous owner Alexander Shnayderman in 2003 who retired soon after. Hence the name Alex The Cobbler.
We have no branches nor any franchise obligations.
Rest assured of old fashioned craftsmanship using quality materials source from our suppliers in Europe. Stop by for a free quote or chat.
Behind Alex The Cobbler are its employees and we trade on principles which are important to us.
- We treat our customers how we treat our staff.
- We repair each item as if they were are own putting the same care and attention to detail.
- Complaints and Feedback received are taken seriously, in the event we cannot resolve the issue, we will not charge for the repair.
- Any damage to your goods by us will be reimbursed to the value of the item up to $200 for one job; unless stated in writing and agreed to by our staff, prior to accepting the job.
- Being a repair shop with dozens of machines and dust flying around, we do not take responsibility for very minor marks or imperfections that may appear on your item. Older foot ware usually have lots of marks already, while we take as much care as we can not to mark your goods. It is the customers responsibility to maintain their shoes and bags with water and stain protection (We also sell them), especially if they are light colored, suede, fabric or any delicate material.
- We are not magicians (Though we perform extra ordinary feats on a regular basis), please do not be disappointed if we refuse to work on an item, which we feel may not have the best outcome. It is better to promise little and deliver more, than promise a lot and fall short of your expectations.
Please read what our customers say about us on google reviews. We assure you that each review is generously given without solicitation.
I needed a leather shoulder strap replacement for my Coach handbag. I travelled from West Auckland based on reviews of others. I was delighted to find they not only had a great leather strap but they fitted it for me immediately. Great service, great leather strap. Well worth travelling to. Highly recommend. – Ann
Awesome, friendly, quick service.
Always happy to help.
I would highly recommend Alex the Cobbler 🙂 – Delwyn
I had two pairs of very worn shoes repaired, was so impressed with the outcome, they were as good as new. – Lucia
These guys are very helpful, great service – Brian
Thank you for the high quality and amazing work done on my Valentino heels and leather boots! Highly recommend! – Nicole
Amazing service! Super friendly and extremely professional. Got a Louis Vuitton bag repaired from them and they did an amazing job. Highly recommended. – Ismail